Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pizza Bagels

Sometimes you just need to make something quick. Recently, I rediscovered pizza bagels. I used to make these for myself when I was a kid. Now my boys love them for a quick lunch or ... well... any time of the day.

All you need is plain or onion bagels, spaghetti sauce, and shredded cheese. You can get creative with other toppings too.
1. Toast the bagels. (This pre-toasting prevents the sauce from causing soggy bagels.)
2. Spread spaghetti sauce on them.
3. Generously sprinkle cheese on top.
4. If you have a toaster oven, toast them again until the cheese is melted; if not, you can use your microwave.
5. Serve and enjoy!
It is a perfect little pizza snack without the price of frozen mini pizzas from your grocery store.

1 comment:

restaurant Fort Lauderdale said...

A generous amount of cheese is always the best topping for pizza bagels. I can almost deal with no tomato or spaghetti sauce in it! The fact that they’re easy to make is more than enough reason for a busy family-like mine-to love. Thanks for sharing.