Mashed potatoes - fresh or made from instant
1 can of whole kernel corn
1/2 chopped onion (or dried minced onion)
1 pound of meat - sausage or hamburger
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup of shredded cheese (more or less depending upon your love of cheese)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Begin browning the meat of your choice together with the chopped onions. I'm a big fan of breakfast sausage.
3. Prepare the mashed potatoes. I prefer homemade but instant is, well, faster.
4. Use a casserole dish and begin layering your ingredients.
I like to start with a small amount of mashed potatoes, then all the brown meat/onion, followed by the can of corn, then a thick layer of mashed potatoes (Yes, use the rest of them.), finally add a layer of shredded cheese.
5. Cover with foil.
6. Bake for 30 minutes then remove the foil for an additional baking time of 5 minutes.
Tah dah! You have meat, vegetable, and dairy all in one. You can be creative with it and add other veggies if you like.